Mr. Mazzeo practices in the areas of intellectual property litigation, trademarks, copyrights and patent prosecution. He has litigated all types of intellectual property cases, including complex patent infringement cases involving multiple patents and trademark and copyright infringement cases. Mr. Mazzeo’s experience includes filing and defending actions in various federal and state courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Mr. Mazzeo also has filed and prosecuted well over a hundred trademark registration applications in the USPTO and in foreign trademark offices. Mr. Mazzeo also prepares and prosecutes patent applications in the mechanical and business method fields. He also counsels clients on patent and licensing matters.
Mr. Mazzeo is very active in the Pennsylvania, Montgomery and Bucks Bar Associations. He is a past chair of the Intellectual Property Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He also is past member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Montgomery Bar Association. Mr. Mazzeo has been a frequent speaker for seminars for attorneys on the subjects of patents and trademarks throughout his legal career and has spoken to the general public about intellectual property on radio shows and a podcast.
Frank A. Mazzeo has been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers for Intellectual Property every year since 2017. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Prior to co-founding Ryder, Mazzeo and Konieczny, Mr. Mazzeo practiced in a Philadelphia patent boutique law firm.
- New York District Court
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1992
– member of the school’s law review, The Widener Law
– recipient of an American Jurisprudence Award.
- Lehigh University, M.B.A, 1992.
- Ursinus College, B.A., 1988.
- Super Lawyer for Intellectual Property in Philadelphia Magazine every year since 2017
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
– Intellectual Property Section, Section Chair 2015-2016,
- Montgomery Bar Association
– Board of Directors (2019-2021); Executive Committee (2020-2021)
– Membership/Development Committee, Co-chair 2022 to present
- Bucks County Bar Association
– Founder and Past Chair, Intellectual Property Section.
- Continuing Legal Education Lecturer on various intellectual property topics.
- International Trademark Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association
- Ursinus College Law Alumni
- Lehigh University Lawyers Association
- St. Maria Goretti, Hatfield, PA, Finance Council Member
- National Italian-American Bar Association
– Co-founder of Chapter at Widener University School of Law.
- Filitalia National, General Counsel 1996-1998
– Recipient of the 2013 Humanitarian Award
– Past General Counsel and Director of Finance
- Men of La Salle, La Salle College High School, Secretary
- Home and School Board Member, 2008-2010
- Assistant commissioner and head coach for various youth sports leagues, 2004-2019.